In June, we partnered with 2 churches from Florida, and 5 Nicaraguan church plants to do sports and vbs ministries. We are thrilled to share with you the ways that God worked through our teams and partner churches. We were so excited to see the fruit of their labor together.
Here’s just a glimpse of what it looks like when helping helps:
- In partner church #1, church members trained ahead of time to be the ones to divide the kids into age groups and share the gospel with them during the intermission of the sports clinic the team was leading. The kids were so attentive and responded positively to the gospel. They made connections with the church members in their own community which laid the groundwork for future follow up.
- In partner church #2, the team doubled the side of the ‘building’ providing much more space out of the rain and sun. Children in the community who were not permitted to attend previously, were allowed to participate in the VBS and clearly heard the gospel. New contacts were made with parents from the community who brought their children.
- In partner church #3, sunday school teachers learned new and fun ways of interacting with kids of every age during the vbs times. The team had multiple opportunities to share Christ through the use of photo books they had made to help share their testimonies. Through the already established soccer ministry, young adults who live on the streets and are heavily involved in drugs were able to hear the testimonies of some of our team members and also a very powerful and straightforward challenge from God’s Word.
- In partner church #4, the team was able to share Christ multiple times to kids who came from a local school to the vbs. Through the sports clinic the team prepared, the church was allowed access to a public high school where God’s word was clearly shared in multiple ways. Probably the most exciting thing was the second day at this school,while the soccer clinic was going on, the church planter we were partnering with received an impromptu invitation to speak in a parent/teacher seminar. He would never had been invited otherwise, and now has opportunity for ongoing ministry.
- Partner church #5 is seeking to buy their own land due to the growth they have experienced due to the increased influence in their community. Teams have been a part of this influence.
The point is, God is at work through the short term teams and church plants that partner together to reach their communities. He is at work in the lives of those who come to serve with us for a week as they spend much time preparing to share Christ. We are so happy to be a small part of facilitating these partnerships and give God the glory for all he continues to accomplish!
We are grateful for you partnership as well: for those who pray for us and our teams, for those who give so that we can be here and so that teams can come, and for those who go to serve alongside us!
Bruce and Laura
P.S. Watch for a special update on Emma's trip to Africa coming soon!