Updates, Prayer Requests, and Praises:
- To date, over $4,500 worth of aid, in the form of food, clothing, and medicine, has been distributed through the churches in Malacatoya for flood relief. Thank you to those who gave so generously. Please continue to pray for these brothers and sisters in Christ.
- On November 17, the men who have been participating the the 5th class of the Institute of Church Planters graduated in a service that celebrated 10 years of the ICP. Former graduates received certificates for completing continuing education courses, and the ladies received certificates for participating in classes to equip them to serve alongside their husbands.
- We are thankful for a gift of $725 to help the pastor in Malacatoya begin to replace the beehives that were washed away and not recovered during Tropical Storm Nate.
- Please pray for those involved in the Study Bible Project as they meet regularly to read and discuss God's word and how it applies to their lives. We are hearing testimonies of great growth because of this initiative!
- Bruce has been traveling extensively visiting church plants, helping in the relief effort, and teaching introductory ICP classes to a group of men on the island of Ometepe. Please continue to pray for safety as he travels.
- We hosted representatives of NEXT Worldwide for a few days in November and are looking forward to partnering with them as we host teams that will serve alongside church plants in sharing the Gospel.
- We hosted the Bracht family as Jeff was the speaker for the men's retreat this year. We so enjoyed our time with these dear friends!
- We hosted about 20 close family friends for Thanksgiving this year and are so thankful for time to celebrate with each of them.
- The interns have done a phenomenal job during their 3 month stay here. Please pray for them as they return to the US this week to spend the holidays with family and settle back into their studies in January.
- Please pray as we travel to Florida December 16-31 to spend the holidays with our families for the first time in 5 years, and as we celebrate Laura's parent's 50th wedding anniversary.
- In this season of year-end giving, please consider a one time gift to our ministry that will help us end the year without a deficit in our account. www.abwe.org/give account #013264 (002)
On behalf of our family, we want to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and God's richest blessing on your church and individual families in the coming year. Thank you for your faithfulness in your prayers and support as we complete our 11th year serving in Nicaragua. We look forward to many more years of service!
Bruce and Laura